Sunday, September 30, 2012

Farewell, September

1. Zakka Message Board, 2. Fall Patchwork Mat Tutorial, 3. Sushi Lunch Mat, 4. Vintage Holiday Quilt Top, 5. Vintage Holiday Lap Quilt, 6. Vintage Holiday Quilt Back, 7. Retro Library Case, 8.Scrappy Christmas Potholder
 September seems to have gone by in a flash this year -- very unlike my typical experience with this month. It's been a busy one, full of activities and adventures and, yes, sewing. Lots of color this month -- I didn't realize how much until I saw the mosaic. We said good-bye to the Zakka Along (sniff, sniff) and hello to fall (loving my new patchwork table runner!). I got to try my hand at more paper piecing with Kristy's fun Sushi pattern, and I adore my new library bag. In the end, the Vintage Holiday pattern seems to have stolen most of the limelight here since I worked on two versions of it in September. Our QAL is finishing up in just two more weeks, so be sure to link up for a few prize drawings if you've been making the quilt yourself. Looking back over this month's projects, I'm happy to say that not only did I enjoy making every one of these pieces, but almost all of them are in daily use -- always the mark of a good project for me!

No luck on the weather change yet -- my car's thermometer was still reading 100 degrees this afternoon. I cannot wait for cooler temperatures to arrive at my door...

Happy October to all of you!

Linking up with Fresh Sewing Day at Lily's Quilts.

16 comments:

  1. Great job for September. You have made a lot of things. The little quilt (potholder) is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your September projects! That sushi mat still kills me with cuteness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That library bag is AMAZING! And I love your sushi mat! So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects look great! I am very tempted to also make that vintage holiday quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, all of your projects look beautiful, but i am in love with the library book bag- and now I have another gorgeous book to add to my Christmas list! Well done, it will be fun seeing all of the gorgeous projects you come up with next (no pressure)! Ange x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heidi you have great taste in fabrics and project choices...I must check out your library bag post. Glad you tested the sushi block too. Like your version.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, just come over from Lily's quilts, and loved looking at all your projects! What beautiful fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've probably already commented on everything in your mosaic so I guess I'll just say - it looks lovely all together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A good month's work Heidi and a lot of fun by the sounds of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you have been busy! Loving that texty sushi. I have seen a pretty awesome pattern for a sushi quilt from Artisania http://artisania.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that's an impressive September! May all your months be so fruitful! I am particularly loving the sushi mat - so brilliant! (note to self: I've gotta learn how to paper piece...)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I may have said this before, but I love the sushi piece. It makes me want some sushi. I have to make that happen soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi I recognize that bag from the craftbuds linky party. That's a great bag. Love the teal fabric choice with the Ruby Star print.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This has been an awesome sewing month for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So busy!! Wonderful projects! Love those Vintage Holiday quilts :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love the patchwork mat, the shape of your retro library case and the fabrics in your christmas potholder. you have great style.

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...